FMS is committed to achieving the chosen building goal “To improve student achievement by creating a positive learning environment that includes the recognition and respect for individual student needs and a structure to support those diverse needs.”
The Faribault Middle School campus is located on the southern edge of the city of Faribault and is surrounded by vast green spaces, athletic fields and the middle school nature area. FMS is the educational home to approximately 900 sixth, seventh and eighth graders.
The school is structured to feel safe and friendly by dividing each grade level into teams. Students will develop comfortable relationships with consistent core teachers and an advisor of their team.
Our small school feel is contrasted with the comprehensive programming opportunities that Faribault Public Schools offer that include a wide range of experiences in athletics, the arts and academic programs.
Also included in the FMS experience are lab courses in science, industrial technology, computer technology, visual arts, ecology, and family and consumer sciences.
Faribault Middle School Mission
"A journey in life-long learning"
Faribault Middle School is committed to the five district strategies. These strategies provide us with a focus around the areas of
- Student-centered learning
- Mental health and safety
- School climate
- Family and Community engagement
At Faribault Middle School, we pride ourselves on supporting every Falcon, everyday. In our drive to connect all students to academic and social-emotional success, we seek to facilitate the development of college and career readiness so students may create their own future. At Faribault Middle School we look forward to partnering with our families, and our community to insist on rigor, break down barriers, align all of our work, and advocate for our students.
I have had the privilege of working with the Faribault Public Schools for the last 10 years and am honored to join the Faribault Middle School community this year. You can reach out to me by email, call me at 507-333-6300, or stop by for a visit at the middle school.
Middle School Principal
- Learners will have a sense of belonging and feel connected to school and community.
- Learners and staff will appreciate and honor diversity in each individual.
- School and community will build a culture where honesty, integrity, and responsibility are valued and modeled.
- Staff will foster an environment that promotes interdisciplinary learning.
- Throughout the school and community, kindness and caring are encouraged and maintained.
- Opportunities are provided for learners to reach their unique potential.
- Learners and staff will offer ongoing support and inspiration.
- Collaboration of efforts and resources among the community is vital.
- Openness to change is important for growth.
- Achievement is planned and celebrated.
Faribault Falcons Fight Song
The Faribault Falcon team is hard to beat,
They’re just 100-par from head to feet,
They’ve got a style of play that’s mighty sweet,
And when you see them play, you’ll say,
You’re bound to say, you’ll say now,
There’s a team we’re proud to know,
They’ve got that good old Faribault pep and go,
And when you see them play, you’re bound to say,
You’ve got to go, gang go!
Hunter Green and White