SOAR stands for Stay Safe, Own your school, Act responsibly and Respect everyone.
Staff, parents and students will become very familiar with the school wide SOAR program and its expectations throughout the school year. The purpose of the program will be to improve student academics through reinforcing positive behaviors in school. In addition, SOAR will teach and encourage students to demonstrate good citizenship in their everyday lives. The FMS staff and parents will be encouraging students to follow the behavior matrix and participate in SOAR activities. Students are expected to know and follow the SOAR matrix. Students will achieve academic success while SOARing through Faribault Middle School.
• Keep hands/feet /objects to self
• Walk to/from destination
• Use all materials for their intended purpose
Own our School
• Pick up anything you drop
• Take care of school property
• Keep lockers looking neat and clean
• Do assignments on time
• Respect others’ space
• Report problems
• Resolve issues peacefully, ask for help from staff if needed
• Speak politely and use appropriate language
• Be a good sport